Voter Engagement Organizers
Contract, Feb. 1 – April 15, 2022
Reports to: Executive Director
The Fairness Education Fund is seeking three (3) contract Voter Engagement Organizers for 100 hours of work in Kentucky between February 1 and April 15, 2022.
Since 1991, our two organizations – the Fairness Education Fund and the Fairness Campaign (collectively known as the Fairness Campaign) – have been working in Louisville and across Kentucky to build a community with a broad, inclusive vision of the work for social justice.
The Fairness Campaign was founded, and remains directed, by these key principles for our work:
- We believe LGBTQ people have the right to respect, dignity and full equality.
- We believe that dismantling racism is central to our work.
- We believe that all issues of oppression are linked and can only be addressed by working in coalition.
- We believe in non-violent grassroots organizing that empowers individuals and builds a social justice movement that creates lasting change.
Contract Voter Engagement Organizers will work (mostly remote) to engage Kentucky voters on issues that affect the LGBTQ community.
To learn more about the work of the Fairness Campaign, click here.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to engage thousands of Kentucky voters in support of LGBTQ issues
- Directly engage with thousands of Kentucky voters through text messaging (Hustle) and hundreds of Kentucky voters through phone banking (EveryAction)
- Oversee volunteer use of text messaging and phone banking
- Utilize social media for volunteer recruitment and communication
- Valuable areas of experience include public policy, politics, legal, non-profit, advocacy, or public education.
- Demonstrated interest in, enthusiasm for, and commitment to the mission and principles of the Fairness Campaign.
- Knowledge of Kentucky politics, issues, regions, and organizations is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate multi-media communications.
- Evidence of a commitment and understanding of how to work effectively in and with diverse communities; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, religious affiliation and socio‑economic circumstances.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Independent worker with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate/work well with others.
- Strong public communication ability.
- Ability to work on several projects at various stages of completion.
- Basic office computer skills, including Excel, Word, and many Google applications—Google Drive, Google Forms, and more.
- Social media acumen.
- Strong communicator and facilitator
- Strategic, constructive, and collaborative
- Ability to cope with changing and uncertain circumstances
- Organized, confident, and capable
- Committed and dedicated
- Respectful of others; ability to build trusting, challenging relationships
The Voter Engagement Organizer is a contract position of $3,000 for 100 hours of work at $30/hr.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
The Fairness Campaign is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals.